ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Lamy <mmvp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using CPE and XMI Writer CAS Consumer [EXTERNAL]
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 23:28:31 GMT
Yes, MeSH surely has some support for the Portuguese language.

However, MeSH can't help me reaching my goal I guess, since it is focused
in metadata about biomedical articles and is not a dictionary of terms as
SNOMED-CT is.

Or I'm not quite well understanding the purpose of MeSH.

I have to investigate OpenEMR sure.

Well, a first look of the Excel you sent me shows 8691 entries. Just to put
things in proportion SNOMED-CT has at least 300,000 Clinical Terms. And a
lot of Portuguese terms in that Excel you sent me aren't filled and/or are
incorrect for what I see.

Not trying to be condescendent at all, just shows how bad is the Portuguese
situation in this domain right now. What makes my goal a little bit harsher
:)

I'll see what I can do with OpenEMR. My last solution will be the direct
translation of my EMR's to English, but I'm afraid the performance of the
system will be too much compromised.

Thanks a lot for the references Sean!

Best regards,

Manuel