ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Lamy <mmvp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using CPE and XMI Writer CAS Consumer [EXTERNAL]
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 23:01:45 GMT
Hello Sean,

Thanks for the awesome inputs as always!

*SNOMED*

Afaik SNOMED doesn't exist in the Portuguese language yet. As per my
research and this reference[1], SNOMED-CT is only translated for Australian
English, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, and USA/UK English. Did you hear
about SNOMED-CT translated to Portuguese somewhere?

I may have to come with a solution for this. It's possible for me to build
a mechanism that tries to translate all SNOMED-CT from English to
Portuguese, or from the Spanish since it's a close language from
Portuguese. I can use many sources, such as ICD-9/10, DBpedia or/and a
direct translation tool. However, this path will not be easy to take on my
own. But it's a possibility though. I have to think about it.

*Bat files in Development Version*

I was trying to run the bat files that were inside the module
ctakes-distribution of my Dev Version. I guess that was my problem after
all.

*Translation*

Yes, I know cTAKES won't translate for me. I was thinking in using an
offline translator and adding it to my pipeline. I have yet to find a
translator that is half as good as the Google Translator though. I don't
want to rely in an online translator.

*Wiki Documentation*

Thanks for your compliment. Sure, I would love to help. I like to express
myself as clear as possible.

However, my knowledge about the system is still limited. I only started
using cTAKES a couple of months ago.

But if I can help with something just ask me, I would be glad to help.

Thanks a lot Sean.

Best regards,

Manuel Lamy

[1] -