ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Abramowitsch, Peter" <pabramowit...@hearst.com>
Subject How to use external CSV or BSV in addition to FastUMLS
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 11:50:14 GMT
Can someone point me to any up-to-date how-tos on how to include external CSV/BSV type resources
to add synonyms, and other terms for dictionary lookup to augment the FAST UMLS resources
that comes out of the box.   Perhaps I have missed something, but looking at the CTakesDictionaryCreator
UI, it looks like it is designed only to choose subsets of the UMLS data set rather than allowing
one to bring in completely new information sources.  I scoured the Marklogic ctakes user archive,
but so many of the entries are old and I'm not sure they describe the current way of doing
things.

The only approach I could see would be to take use the AggregateEngine description and have
it point to the CSV annotator, creating a completely new AE but this would build other types
of annotation, whereas what I'm thinking about is a case for creating identified mentions
such as a DiseaseDisorderMention based on finding an acronym that the UMLS resource doesn't
know about, even though the concept in its full textual form is there.

I'm sure this is not a unique request and apologize in advance if it has already been answered
somewhere

- Peter