ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Problem using CPE and XMI Writer CAS Consumer [EXTERNAL]
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 22:26:47 GMT
Hi Manuel,

Your image got scrubbed by a server, but the problem may have been fixed in a recent xmi writer.
 The latest xmi writer is in ctakes core and is named FileTreeXmiWriter.  One possible cause
for a problem in the writer is if the document has some unexpected character or character
combination.  A document reader should be massaging documents before they are processed and
sent to the writer.  The most recent file reader is named FileTreeReader and is also in ctakes
core.

Sean

From: Manuel Lamy [mailto:mmvpdml@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:10 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Problem using CPE and XMI Writer CAS Consumer [EXTERNAL]

Hello guys,

I'm having problems running the CPE using a XMI Writer CAS Consumer. However, it works with
other consumers.

Problem

In the figure below, you can see my setup and the error I'm obtaining:

[Imagem inline 2]

Logs

Concerning logs, I'm obtaining this from Intellij:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.initialize(CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.java:81)
            at org.apache.uima.impl.UIMAFramework_impl._produceCollectionProcessingEngine(UIMAFramework_impl.java:438)
            at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceCollectionProcessingEngine(UIMAFramework.java:918)
            at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel.startProcessing(CpmPanel.java:573)
            at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel.access$000(CpmPanel.java:105)
            at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel$1.run(CpmPanel.java:713)
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceConfigurationException
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.CPEFactory.produceIntegratedCasProcessor(CPEFactory.java:1093)
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.CPEFactory.getCasProcessors(CPEFactory.java:547)
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl.init(BaseCPMImpl.java:253)
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl.<init>(BaseCPMImpl.java:127)
            at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.initialize(CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.java:73)
            ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The component XMI Writer CAS Consumer cannot be created. (Thread
Name: Thread-5)
            ... 10 more

Attempted Solutions

I only found one guy with the same problem as me. The solution proposed in the thread, by
Sean Finan, was to change the xml of my consumer (__XmiWriterCasConsumer.xml), particularly
the content of the tag <implementationName>, from

 <implementationName>org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.XmiWriterCasConsumerCtakes</implementationName>

<implementationName>org.apache.uima.tools.components.XmiWriterCasConsumer</implementationName>

However, this didn't work. The error is exactly the same. I'm out of ideas about what to do.
I would like to have the report of CPE in XMI, in order to read it with CVD. You can see the
thread here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-dev/201701.mbox/%3C29cefd1fa1b44ce4a8dc92ec8b1cd882@CHEXMAIL1A.CHBOSTON.ORG%3E<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__mail-2Darchives.apache.org_mod-5Fmbox_ctakes-2Ddev_201701.mbox_-253C29cefd1fa1b44ce4a8dc92ec8b1cd882-40CHEXMAIL1A.CHBOSTON.ORG-253E&d=DwMFaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=fs67GvlGZstTpyIisCYNYmQCP6r0bcpKGd4f7d4gTao&m=N5zX2YGt7jbGKsiWAN7z5tdADmV2PwJdHTvvx2oZ2fM&s=5c-Yr8TMBg7-VyEjwF7gJlT1xP3LpHC6dvnZbihxDPg&e=>

Result Expected

Running the CPE process and have outputs as XMI files.

Result Obtained

Running the CPE results in an error, specifically for the consumer __XMIWriterCasConsumer.

Conclusion

Do any of you guys had this problem before? Do you have a suggestion about how can it be solved?
Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Manuel