ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: issues with line endings [EXTERNAL]
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 14:10:16 GMT
Yes, there is a setting in git but I think I'm in a bit of a catch-22 with git-svn. If I don't
do anything, it auto-changes a bunch of files and won't let me even pull without checking
in those changes. I can modify the .gitattributes file to not care about line endings, but
then I can't pull because I have the modified .gitattribtues file! I think my solution is
to check out a totally clean repo with git-svn, immediately push back the files with corrected
(Unix) line endings, and then work from that copy.
Tim

From: Gandhi Rajan Natarajan <Gandhi.Natarajan@arisglobal.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2018 3:38 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: issues with line endings [EXTERNAL]

Hi Tim,

Though I'm not an expert in git, I guess there is a setting to turn off this feature of auto
correcting line endings in git-svn.

Just have a look at this link - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dzone.com_articles_git-2Dshowing-2Dfile-2Dmodified-2Deven&d=DwIGaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6674h&m=05YYpgD74Yy5dihICtDGHLESWl1BVu0XHA9gD0hBDeU&s=r9A1Uam0pxgIy7Nzt2833VYY4xaAqQAiSWMRB38-6rU&e=
and see if it helps.

Regards,

Gandhi