ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From andy mcmurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: substance abuse and smoking
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 02:40:56 GMT
Todd: I'm working with a non-profit supporting patients with substance
abuse problems.

I think Smoking module is very different, and not really generalizable to
substance abuse problems in a straightforward way.
*In short: substance abuse is more a biomedical curation task than an
informatics task. *

I would like help in editing the substance abuse dictionary.
Maybe we could share in ctakes sandbox.

I have curated concept entries for
Opiates, stimulants, alcohol abuse, general substance
abuse, benzodiazepines.
Its not perfect but its a start.

Hard life for those folks.
--Andy