ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: uima-as examples [EXTERNAL]
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:29:26 GMT
Greg - I've developed a cluster-like architecture that uses Docker-wrapped UIMA-AS components
on AWS for scalability. It's a work in progress but it might be helpful:
https://github.com/tmills/ctakes-docker
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Silverman <gms@umn.edu<mailto:Greg%20Silverman%20%3cgms@umn.edu%3e>>
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>
Cc: Raymond Finzel <finze006@umn.edu<mailto:Raymond%20Finzel%20%3cfinze006@umn.edu%3e>>,
Reed McEwan <rmcewan@umn.edu<mailto:Reed%20McEwan%20%3crmcewan@umn.edu%3e>>
Subject: Re: uima-as examples [EXTERNAL]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 12:23:53 -0600

Thanks Peter,
The architecture for our project (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_nlpie_nlp-2Dadapt-2Dkube&d=DwIFaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6674h&m=WEY8xYYIUiTWnZDnwU72eUiyHXNWFAi3vY9DMayfV-g&s=fvf05Pvhnq2FEnKxgYHuXibuP5Is9-bZCEE8-cbqq8M&e=,
uima-as branch under current development), relies heavily on uima-as to
work in conjunction with ActiveMQ and a home spun multiplexer/collection
processing client to do all the heavy lifting for the nlp-engines we're
using. Currently, CLAMP, and BioMedICUS both support UIMA-AS out-of-the-box
(I'm looking into MetaMap, as I type this).

To the best of my knowledge, the MQ and broker work together (at least in
ActiveMQ).

Given the volume of documents we need to process and the constraint of
being tied to UIMA, UIMA-AS is the easiest option for implementing at
scale, for both speed and fault tolerance.

If anyone has done any work trying to integrate UIMA-AS into cTAKES we
would be very interested in this. Retrofitting a different solution into
our architecture at this time is not feasible.

Thanks very much!

Best!

Greg-

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:08 PM Peter Abramowitsch <pabramowitsch@gmail.com<mailto:pabramowitsch@gmail.com>>