ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Sana Riaz <sana.r...@xflowresearch.com>
Subject UmlsLookupAnnotator.xml does not give sign/symptom, disease/disorder in identifiedAnnotation for CDA documents
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:13:22 GMT
Hi, I am doing NLP research on some clinical documents using cTAKES and I
am a little stuck at a point.
I have created a pipeline in java similar to "AggregateCdaUMLSProcessor" in
which i want to use dictionary_lookup "UmlsLookupAnnotator" instead of
"DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUmls".
The problem is that identifiedAnnotation given by UmlsLookupAnnotator does
not include Sign/Symptoms, Disease/Disorder or Procedure Mentions etc. I
have done required sofa Mapping in java . The pipeline works fine for
plaintext document but doesn't give the above mentioned annotations for
CDA. I have tested the CDA document using AggregateCdaUMLSProcessor.xml
descriptor and it gives the above mentioned annotations (except
MedicationMention which I also need) . Can you give me any suggestion about
what can I try or what is wrong?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Sana Riaz