ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Abramowitsch <pabramowit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uima-as examples
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 04:08:30 GMT
I used a completely different approach that allows parallel but not async
processing.  Multiple [analysis engine+cas] pair objects pre-instantiated
into into a threadsafe pool running behind a web service interface. We can
fully saturate a single ctakes server process using multiple client
processes talking to that API each working synchronously and arriving at an
overall speed of 10-15 6K notes per second on a single server process.

I haven't used AS but it looks as if that middleware could have too many
moving parts for our needs.  They would generate many wakeups and context
switches adding undesired latency as a request makes its way to the
server.   I'm assuming that in AS, the broker and the MQ are separate
processes and not just in-process subsystems to the ctakes server process.
Is that right?