ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Miller <jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Differences in dictionary built with dictionaryBuilder and sno_rx16ab from sourceforge
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 20:03:30 GMT
Hi,
I have created a custom dictionary from the latest UMLS release with
SNOMEDCT_US and  RxNorm and I've noticed it seems to be generating .script
file with unexpected differences as compared to the sno_rx_16ab file
available as part of the cTAKES release. Specifically, for diabetes, it is
missing these two rows:
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11849,0,1,'dm','dm')
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11849,0,1,'diabetes','diabetes')

and only has this one:
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11849,1,2,'diabetes mellitus','mellitus')

The end result is that "diabetes" is not being picked up in the test text I
am running through- it requires the full 'diabetes mellitus'.

Is there any setting on the UMLS install side or the ctTAKES dictionary
creator that could account for missing alternative forms like this? I've
tried downloading the 2016AB release (which I think is the one used to
create the bundled sno_rx_16ab package?) and I am not getting the alternate
forms in that dictionary either.

Thanks,
Jeff