ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Masoud Rouhizadeh <m...@jhu.edu>
Subject Synthetic replacement feature in cTAKES Scrubber
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:45:56 GMT
Dear cTAKES developer,
This is Masoud Rouhizadeh from JHU. I'm leading the NLP effort at the Institute for Clinical
and Translational Research and work on enterprise-level NLP projects at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
One of the major goals we are targeting is de-identification of a large number of notes (350M)
to prepare them for search and indexing (Elasticsearch and Solr). I have been in touch with
Dr. Guergana Savova about cTAKES Scrubber and she has been very helpful.

One of our most desired features in the de-identification pipeline is synthetic replacement
(e.g. Nancy->Sally; random female first name consistently replaces a female first name.).
I wasn't able to find information about this feature in cTAKES Scrubber. Is synthetic replacement
functionality part of the cTAKES Scrubber, or can it be added by post-processing the output?
For instance, if we know the name Nancy is removed from multiple places, can we use a name
dictionary to insert random female first names in those places (just a thought)?
Overall, I wanted to emphasize that cTAKES Scrubber is one of our main candidates and I'm
hoping that we could find ways to collaborate.

Thank you very much,
Masoud

----
Masoud Rouhizadeh, PhD
Faculty - Division of Health Science Informatics (DHSI)
NLP Lead - Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR)
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
https://www.cs.jhu.edu/~mrou/