ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: PiperFileRunner Error [EXTERNAL]
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2019 20:30:08 GMT
Hi Carolina,

It looks like you are trying to execute that script within the ctakes-distribution source.
 The script files located there are not meant to be used so directly.  They exist for a built
ctakes binary installation, which will put them in a bin/ directory.

Since you are using Intellij, try one or more of the following:

1.  Use the runPiperGui maven profile.   Intellij will let you specify a maven profile for
the Compile step.   Specify "runPIperGui" as the profile name.   on a command line this would
be "mvn compile -P runPIperGui".

2.  Create a Run configuration within Intellij.  Set the executable class to be RunPiperFile.java.
  You can set the command line parameters within that configuration screen.

3.  Run the maven "Package" step.   Go into the ctakes-distribution/target/ directory and
unzip the *-bin.zip file into another directory.  That is a ctakes binary installation.  Within
that area you can use the script files directly.

I almost always use #2.   When I don't it is because I have a main(..) class and I just right-click
there and select "run".   You should be able to do that with org.apache.ctakes.gui.pipeline.PiperRunnerGui
, which is what he runPiperGui maven profile runs (#1).

Sean
From: Cervantes, Carolina <ccervantes1@luc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:23 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: PiperFileRunner Error [EXTERNAL]

Hi,

Yes I am now compiling with version 8 and I am also using maven to build. I still seem to
be getting the same error.

TERMINAL CMD ERROR:
C:\Users\Zach Barrett\Documents\Computer Science\Junior\Comp 398\ctakes\ctakes-distribution\src\main\bin>runPiperFile.bat
-p "C:\Users\Zach Barrett\Documents\Computer Science\Junior\Comp 398\ctakes\ctakes-examples-res\src\main\resources\org\apache\ctakes\examples\pipeline\HelloWorld.piper"

Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileRunner
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileRunner

INTELIJI ERROR:
ERROR PiperFileRunner - MESSAGE LOCALIZATION FAILED: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle,
key No Analysis Component found for ContextDependentTokenizerAnnotator

Log File:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: MESSAGE LOCALIZATION FAILED: Can't
find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key No Analysis Component found
for ContextDependentTokenizerAnnotator
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PipeBitLocator.getComponentClass(PipeBitLocator.java:97)
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileReader.addToPipeline(PiperFileReader.java:194)
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileReader.parsePipelineLine(PiperFileReader.java:137)
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileReader.loadPipelineFile(PiperFileReader.java:119)
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileRunner.run(PiperFileRunner.java:63)
at org.apache.ctakes.core.pipeline.PiperFileRunner.main(PiperFileRunner.java:30)

Thank you,
Carolina