ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Abramowitsch <pabramowit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PiperFileRunner Error [EXTERNAL]
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2019 06:47:05 GMT
It runs under Java 9 and possibly 11 if built in 8, and with a bunch of hasty changes I got
it to compile and run in 9, but it wasn’t worth the effort.  With Java 11, bigger changes
were introduced in the packaging of modules, which are no longer completely synonymous with
jar files.  It would take some work to create a release-generating codebase in java 11.

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 11, 2019, at 11:07, Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Carolina,
>
> ctakes is written for java 8.  I don't know if anybody has tested any higher version.
 It looks like you are compiling with java version 11.

> Are you using Apache maven to build ctakes?  ctakes is modular and uses https://maven.apache.org/.
>
> The most complete instructions of which I am aware are here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+Developer+Install+Guide#cTAKES4.0DeveloperInstallGuide-Build
>
> Sean

/src /main /java /org /apache /ctakes /utils /env /EnvironmentVariable.java