ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From <Abad.Ay...@cognizant.com>
Subject Missing body side and laterality attribute in AnatomicalSiteMention
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:46:30 GMT
Hello Team,

We introduced cTAKES as our NLP engine to parse clinical data recently in our  profile. Though
we are able to parse the clinical data at high level, we are not able to get values for attributes
like bodySide and bodyLaterality. For eg: for the below text

"He had a slight fracture in the proximal right fibula"

It should have ideally populated values for 'bodySide' and 'bodyLaterality' in the 'AnatomicalSiteMention'
as "right" and  "proximal" respectively. These attributes are critical information in our
profile. We tried different possibilities and still it's not working. We are new to cTAKES
so we would like to know what should be the probable fix for it.  Do we need to add any specific
changes in our piper file to have AnalysisEngine needed for the same. I tried to unit test
using the 'RelationExtractorAnnotatorsTest' coming under 'ctakes-relation-extractor' module
but couldn't find an annotator.xml for the same. Pls. advise on how to proceed

Thanks & Regards
[cid:D3145E69-CD94-48C1-877F-5134EEAFB598]
Abad Ayyub
Vnet: 406170 | Cell : +91-9447379028

and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications
sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted
with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and