datafu-dev mailing list archives

From "Neil Best" <NB...@gogoair.com>
Subject problem resolving class version numbers
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:19:40 GMT
After cloning from master and applying the patch from DATAFU-78 I was able to build a JAR but
when I submit a Pig statement Grunt complains:

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1069: Problem resolving class version numbers
for class datafu.pig.util.Coalesce

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13346867/writing-a-udf-in-pig-kind-of-like-tutorial seems
to be somewhat relevant and led me to inspect the  META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file inside the JAR
but it has no Created-By attribute.  Would this cause the error?  Can anyone suggest a solution?

My motivation is to enjoy the bugfix provided by the resolution of DATAFU-42.  I am currently
running 1.1.0+cdh5.2.0 from the Cloudera respository on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks for any guidance.