datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:02:02 GMT
Great! So it seems that there's a least >3 of the PMC.

Next step would be to start thinking who would be willing
to consider an additional burden of being a PMC Chair.
Note, that despite fancy title (VP of Datafu) the job
is actually pretty bureaucratic -- you're expected to submit
a report to the ASF board first monthly and then every
quarter. That said, a Chair is a default go-to person for
any tricky questions. Things like weird things going
in the community, brand and IP concerns, etc.

Perhaps the first job for the future chair would be to come
up with a plan that can get this community to graduation
in less than 3 months.

With that in mind, lets consider this to be an invitation for
an open nomination process. Self-nomination is totally
OK too.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Eyal Allweil
<eyal_allweil@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Count me in too.
>

>     On Friday, February 10, 2017 10:04 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

>  Cool. Another question: besides Russell and Matthew who can also
> volunteer time commitment and interest to be on the PMC?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Russell Jurney
> <russell.jurney@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok! Please do reach out and I will test it out or whatever.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Matthew Hayes <
>> matthew.terence.hayes@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The release from several months ago (version 1.3.1) was already completed.
>>> If I recall correctly, there was a discussion following this release about
>>> graduation and Justin Mclean brought up an issue with the published JAR
>>> artifacts.  Basically we need to include the LICENSE and NOTICE files in
>>> them.  Because of this I think the consensus was that we should do another
>>> release with these issues resolved.  I was going to work on this but got
>>> distracted with other things.  I'll focus on resolving these issues in the
>>> next week.  Russell, since you're will to help I will reach out to you when
>>> I get started on this :)
>>>
>>> -Matt

>>> russell.jurney@gmail.com

>>> Beyond