Hi Dav,

Are you by any chance trying to use JDBC 2.0 updatable resultset apis? If so, in Derby, you have to create your resultset as forward only updatable resultset since that is the only type of updatable resultset that is supported at this point. More information on updatable resultset support in Derby can be found in 10.1 documentation at http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html. Also, there are some tests written for this functionality which might be of interest to you.

thanks,
Mamta