db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sa...@kanjo.net
Subject Re: What is diffrence(es) between derby.system.home and DERBY_INSTALL ?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:49:40 GMT
1. No, its the folder containing MyDB. For example, I have a folder in my
application's folder named "derbydata". Within that folder I have 3 folders
named "dev", "test", and "prod". When I run my batch jobs or web application I
set derby.system.home to the "derbydata" folder. I then specify one of the
database names "dev", "test", or "prod" to connect to the appropriate database
without needing to specify the database path in the url.

2 & 3. I have not used derby.properties file but I would assume this
file would
be in the folder specified by derby.system.home. In my example it would the
derbydata folder. The network server does nothing other than delegate network
requests to the specified database located on the local file system. As far as
I know, the network server cannot be configured with derby.properties or
service.properties. Perhpas somebody else who has used derby.properties could
help direct you on this issue.

, in your example it should be in the MyDB folder.