db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: RE : Question : How to display database
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:59:16 GMT
HunterFighter wrote:
> Dear,
>
> In here I wish to know how could I be able to show out all the database
> that available. For example in MySQL : show databases;

Derby doesn't include a "show databases" command.

Database location is very flexible for Derby. You might choose to store
all databases in one location on your machine, but Derby doesn't require
that. A database can reside anywhere on your file system -- or on a cd
rom or within a jar file or within an application's directory hierarchy.

A good introduction to the Derby system home, and where you might find
databases, is at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp27610.html .

regards,

-jean