db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is diffrence(es) between derby.system.home and DERBY_INSTALL ?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:25:25 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:**
> samer@kanjo.net wrote:
>> 2 & 3. I have not used derby.properties file but I would assume this
>> file would
>> be in the folder specified by derby.system.home. In my example it
>> would the
>> derbydata folder. The network server does nothing other than delegate
>> network
>> requests to the specified database located on the local file system.
>> As far as
>> I know, the network server cannot be configured with derby.properties or
>> service.properties.
>
> derby.properties works fine with the Network Server. As you say, it
> should
> be placed in the derby.system.home folder. Here's some more information:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/ctunsetprop13074.html

Thank you for replys.
i looked at that link , it says that *You can set persistent system-wide
properties in a text file called derby.properties, which must be placed
in the directory specified by the derby.system.home property*

as i read in tuning guide it say that *derby.system.home* should be
configured in derby.properties . does it means that there is a cycle ?
At last i did not understand , should i put derby.properties file inside
derbydata\test ?
or i should put it into networkserver\bin ?

Thank you