db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is diffrence(es) between derby.system.home and DERBY_INSTALL ?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:56:39 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> samer@kanjo.net wrote:
>> 2 & 3. I have not used derby.properties file but I would assume this
>> file would
>> be in the folder specified by derby.system.home. In my example it
>> would the
>> derbydata folder. The network server does nothing other than delegate
>> network
>> requests to the specified database located on the local file system.
>> As far as
>> I know, the network server cannot be configured with derby.properties or
>> service.properties.
>
> derby.properties works fine with the Network Server. As you say, it
> should
> be placed in the derby.system.home folder. Here's some more information:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/ctunsetprop13074.html
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

Hi
Thank you all for you helps.
with the following variables , i made a derby.properties ,can you tell
me whether it is ok or not.
1-derby is installed in  *F:\db-derby-10.1.2.0\*  so it is also
DERBY_INSTALL
2-all of my databases are located in : *F:\db-derby-10.1.2.0\databases ,
##* *I move them myself from different places , does it current my date ?*
in the above folder there are several databases like DB1 , Tutorial ,
testDB ,MyDB .....

now i create the following file and name it derby.properties , i put it
into  *F:\db-derby-10.1.2.0\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin*
the derby.properties file that i made contains the following items

*--------------------------------------------------------*
derby.system.home=F:\db-derby-10.1.2.0\databases
derby.infolog.append=true
derby.language.logStatementText=true
derby.storage.initialPages=320
derby.storage.pageSize=8192
derby.storage.initialPages=64

do i put it in right place ?
If i want to have a high load database (in peak time 30 tra / second )
with some tables loaded with 1,000,000 records , which other properties
i should add to *derby.properties* ?

ps : which problem/limitation will derby bring with such high load system ?
sometimes ago i read that some one has problem with its Index creation .
is it possible that i fail because of derby limitation ?

Thank you all.