db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dunk, Michael \(Mike\)" <miked...@fairisaac.com>
Subject RE: ij prompting (Was: Re: ERROR 08001:No suitable driver)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:40:29 GMT
Anders,

This seems to me like a useful fix that will save time for beginners to
Derby.

Best regards,

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Morken [mailto:andersmo@stud.ntnu.no]
Sent: 19 January 2007 08:50
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: ij prompting (Was: Re: ERROR 08001:No suitable driver)

OK, here's the JIRA issue I put the patch in. I hope it does what you
wanted. I think some refactoring in ij could have been useful to make
the patch a little cleaner, but I didn't feel like messing more with ij
than I had to in this round. =)

I'm a bit worried about newline handling, especially on Windows (where a
new line is marked by a pair of characters). Might have to hack in a
little logic to eat the second of the characters, but I haven't got a
Windows machine handy now, so I hoped someone could take a look and see
if it is a problem, and maybe comment on other things that should be
done? =)

Thanks,
--
Anders Morken

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right!