db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Data found after the stop delimiter
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:35:27 GMT
Tim Troup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load a tab delimited text file into a database table  in
> derby 10.2.1.6 using the following command in ij:
>
> CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE (null,'pg_synonyms','/Users/troup/
> data/biomint/pg_synonyms','    ',null,null,0);
>
> However I keep getting the following error:
>
> ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: Data found on line
> 8,238,195 for column 2 after the stop delimiter.' was thrown while
> evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XIE03: Data found on line 8238195
> for column 2 after the stop delimiter.
>
> What is the default stop delimiter?

Double quotes are the default delimiter to enclose a character string in
a load file [1].

> I have analysed the file contents and this line has double quotes  round
> a word in the column two data:
>
> "Gu" protein
>
> no other line preceding this one has double quotes round any word so
> this made me suspect this was what is causing the load error.

One option might be to specify the characterDelimiter to be a character
that isn't anywhere else in your data, for example @. If I remember
right, then your entry in the load file that is currently this:

<tab>"Gu" protein<tab>

would look like this:

<tab>@"Gu" protein@<tab>

 -jean