db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Embedded system
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:20:29 GMT
Guy wrote:
> Hi mohamad,
>
> Derby can be both: you can use it as an embedded database or you can
> use it as a client-server system.
>
> There is plenty of good documentation around (included in the
> distribution) or maybe this tutorial helps:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/index.html

thanks for the reminder about this tutorial, Guy.

Right now it assumes that the user has downloaded Derby 10.1.2.1. The
10.2.2.0 release will work with it as well.

I'd like to point out that 10.2 adds a new derbyrun.jar, which
simplifies setting up CLASSPATH and invoking tools such as ij:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tools/rtools1003161.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/workingwithderby/twwdactivity1.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/workingwithderby/twwdactivity2.html

When I have time I'll update the tutorial to add info about derbyrun.jar.

 -jean