db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Roozbeh <roozbehmaad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Failed to start database
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:27:23 GMT

Hi,

I'm facing a really annoying problem and that is "Failed to start database".
I'm using maven to create the database and the run some test cases on the
database one after each other. I first create a connection and create the
database and then I shutdown the connection in the next step I again try to
connect to the embedded database but basically I face this problem:

java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'c:/database', see the next
exception for details.
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at
com.solarmetric.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.newConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:272)
        at
com.solarmetric.jdbc.ConnectionPoolImpl.makeConnection(ConnectionPoolImpl.java:412)
        at
com.solarmetric.jdbc.ConnectionPoolImpl.getConnection(ConnectionPoolImpl.java:289)
        at
com.solarmetric.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:191)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingDataSource.getConnection(DelegatingDataSource.java:103)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DecoratingDataSource.getConnection(DecoratingDataSource.java:84)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:112)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:77)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.JdbcUtils.extractDatabaseMetaData(JdbcUtils.java:183)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.JdbcUtils.extractDatabaseMetaData(JdbcUtils.java:223)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory.getErrorCodes(SQLErrorCodesFactory.java:218)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.setDataSource(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:133)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.<init>(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:98)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactoryUtils.newJdbcExceptionTranslator(PersistenceManagerFactoryUtils.java:87)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jdo.DefaultJdoDialect.<init>(DefaultJdoDialect.java:91)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoAccessor.afterPropertiesSet(JdoAccessor.java:136)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTemplate.<init>(JdoTemplate.java:168)
        at
com.omxgroup.bb.sps.domainfw.testutils.BaseTestCase.setUp(BaseTestCase.java:384)
        at
com.omxgroup.bb.sps.model.echo.EchoPersistenceTest.setUp(EchoPersistenceTest.java:29)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:210)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:225)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:747)

Does anyone have any Idea?

Best Regards,
Roozbeh