db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Failed to start database
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:38:48 GMT
tom_ wrote:
> Without having a crash or something like that before, when trying to reopen
> the database the error message is "Failed to start database". Is there a
> possibility to start the database again?

Just one more comment here:  Make sure to explicitly shut down your
database before exiting your application?  If it is shut down properly,
the database should not go into recovery at start-up.  (I guess this
will not solve your problem since your database will still be vulnerable
to crashes until this bug is fixed, but normal startup will be quicker
if you avoid recovery)

--
Øystein