db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Failed to start database
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:33:52 GMT
Hi Tom,

The database shutdown attempt, by the second application, should simply
raise an exception. It should not crash the database and cause recovery
problems later on. That, at least, is how Derby is supposed to operate
and I'm not aware of a bug in this area. However, if you can demonstrate
such a bug, I am sure it will be regarded as a high priority issue and
probably a blocker for the next release.

Regards,
-Rick