db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Installing and Using Java Procedures.
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:53:50 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Briggs <acidbriggs@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hey, thanks for your reply.  I am still way confused on this.  And
>> trying to find examples of the SQL/JRT spec is almost impossible.  I
>> am trying to make some sense of the examples of creating store
>> procedures off the http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines
>> wiki page with no avail.  I am just trying to find the actual
>> rules/spec/documentation on doing this.
>>

> Don't know if it helps, but you could take a look at one of Derby's unit
> tests for procedures. For example
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/ProcedureTest.java

Hi Briggs,

You can also take a look at the demo applications which are bundled with
Derby. These applications live in the demo subdirectory--demo is a top
level directory parallel to lib and bin. The "scores" demo gives some
examples of how to declare and use procedures and functions. If you grep
the demo tree for "ScoreTestTaking", you will see an example of how to
declare and use a procedure. The Database class in the scores demo shows
you how to:

o Load a jar file into the database.
o Wire the jar file into the classpath.
o Declare some functions and procedures