db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Generate Always and SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:52:13 GMT
wbecker <wbecker@gmail.com> writes:

>>This looks like a bug to me. It would be great if you could log a bug
>>report in JIRA (see http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html
>>for instructions) so that we can keep track of it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I'll try to find a way such that it is easily reproduceable. It only happens
> after I do a lot of different things while I am using both embedded derby as
> well as jetty at the same time. Why can't they make bugs easier to make?

Hi,

It was pretty easily reproducible in ij. The second execution of the
insert statement failed.

ij version 10.4
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:db;create=true';
ij> create table t (id int primary key generated always as identity);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> prepare p as 'insert into t(id) values (default)';
ij> execute p;
1 row inserted/updated/deleted
ij> execute p;
ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value
in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL080122114921800' defined
on 'T'.

Hope this helps,

--
Knut Anders