Actually I am talking about the sppr_populate_index_data('identiffier', 'tablename') stored proc that will execute alter table "MYSCHEMA"."SOMETABLE" compress sequential

Thanks

From: Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM>
To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:19:01 PM
Subject: Re: Running stats while online

T K <sanokistoka@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone anticipate any issues running statistics while Derby 10.3.3.0 is
> online? Or am I better off bringing it offline?

Hi,

When you say statistics, are you talking about the runtime statistics
that you can obtain by executing the SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS system
procedure followed by SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS? If so, it should only
affect the session in which these procedures are executed, and I'm not
aware of any problems (performance or other) caused by running them on a
live system.

If you were asking about some other kind of statistics, please let us
know.

--
Knut Anders