Hello all,

Does anyone know of a way to establish a “read-only” connection/datasource when using embedded derby access?

To give some context, I am making a tool to do some transfer from a “source” database to a “target” database. There should be no alterations made to the source whatsoever. Obviously, prudent code-writing could ensure this, however, if possible, I would like to further safeguard against accidental data alterations by making the connection to the “source” database read-only, so that I would receive and exception or some other kind of error if I accidentally tried to alter it. I know that result sets can be read only. But that does not fulfill my need entirely.

Thanks,

Alain Kuchta