db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby DB suddenly can't open
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 07:54:48 GMT
On 05/14/2014 11:38 AM, 蓦然回首 wrote:
> I am use 10.8.2.x for more than 2 years, and it works well till today.
> Suddenly I can't open it even I upgrade it to 10.8.3, the stack is below:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Database 'XingDB' not found.
>      at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>      at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
> Source)
>      at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>      at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
>      at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleDBNotFound(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
>      at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
>      at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)
>

> What's the reason it should be? Thanks for advance!

A bit hard to tell from that description. Have you checked if the
database directory and files still are where they used to be? Could they
have been deleted by accident? If you're not sure where they are
supposed to be, try using your system's find program to locate the file
derby.properties on your system.

Have you changed the value of the derby.system.home property? That
affects where Derby looks for your database.

--
Regards,

Dyre