db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject crowd-funding Derby development
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:26:12 GMT
I was wondering what people would think about trying to crowd-fund new
Derby features and bug fixes. Right now, the Derby developers tend to
focus on features and bugs which are important to their employers. This
does not address the needs of smallish companies and products which
can't afford to pay a full-time developer to work on Derby. But maybe a
smallish company could afford to carry, say, 1/20th of the cost of a
feature or bug fix. If this appeals to the community, I'd be happy to
brainstorm how we could crowd-fund more Derby development.

Any interest?

Thanks,
-Rick