db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Vitaliy <tiks...@gmail.com>
Subject ij encoding
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 16:51:04 GMT
Hello!

I'm new with Derby, trying to start the ij with proper encoding. Ij wants
to use default locale in my OS, but I would rather prefer using an english
locale.

I start ij with the command:
java -Dderby.ui.locale=en -Dderby.ui.codeset=utf8 -jar
E:\...\db-derby-10.11.1.1-bin\lib\derbyrun.jar

Derby answers:

╚ёяюы№чютрэшх:
java -jar derbyrun.jar ij [-p Їрщы_ётющёЄт] [ёЎхэрЁшщ sql]
java -jar derbyrun.jar sysinfo [-cp ...] [-cp help]
java -jar derbyrun.jar dblook [рЁуєьхэЄ√] (шыш схч рЁуєьхэЄют, ўЄюс√
т√чтрЄ№ шэЇюЁьрЎш■ юс шёяюы№чютрэшш)
java -jar derbyrun.jar server [рЁуєьхэЄ√] (шыш схч рЁуєьхэЄют, ўЄюс√
т√чтрЄ№ шэЇюЁьрЎш■ юс шёяюы№чютрэшш)

I don't know if you guys see the same that I see, but it looks like
unsuccessful attempt to use the Cyrillic encoding (that's why I want to use
the english locale). So how to force ij to use the english locale and
appropriate encoding (utf8 or Latin).

Thanks!

Vitaliy