db-derby-user mailing list archives

From thanmayi <thanutalent...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting fail to start database and unknown page format Exception
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:07:19 GMT
Hi,
We are in the Apache Derby - 10.8.2.2 version. We are getting repeated
exception in derby logs stating 1)java.sql.SQLException: Database
'/usr/ironhide/var/db/piprepository/derby' not found.
2)java.sql.SQLException: Database '/usr/ironhide/var/db/remote/derby' not
found.
3)java.sql.SQLException: Database '/usr/ironhide/var/db/agent/AgentDB' not
found.
4)java.sql.SQLException: Database '/usr/ironhide/var/db/thirdparty/derby'
not found.
5)java.sql.SQLException: Database
'/usr/ironhide/var/db/connectorrepository/derby' not found.
6)Failed to start database '/usr/ironhide/var/db/thirdparty/derby'
7) ERROR XSDBB: Unknown page format at page Page(302,Container(0, 560)),
page dump follows: Hex dump:

It looks like derby database is corrupt, and it is causing critical problem
in our e derby.log
<http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/file/n143610/derby.log>  nd with
the huge business impact. And the path which its saying derby not found is
valid and correct path . Still why suddenly derby got corrputed and what are
the reasons for the corruption ?

Our Product Environment is , we have Java application where 2 java processes
connects to derby and perform operations. Both the java processes contacts
derby databases (sometime same database) asynchronously frequently. We are
using network Derby.

We suspect its a bug in the derby ?? do we get any patch for this ?
we have attached the logs for further analysis.