db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Re: Inserting and deleting records
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:50:28 GMT
Hi Dyre

Thank you for your explanation
I understand completely
My concept of requiring the table to look exactly as I think it should look
before any ORDER BY is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do, in fact, retrieve x records using ORDER BY exactly as you say to
always get the x latest records.

Now one last question, if I may.................
After adding a new record, I should like to set the pointer to the
penultimate latest record ordered by DATE and Time so that I can update the
Profit field
Exactly what code do I need to do that, please

Bob M