db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: drop schema question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 21:59:13 GMT
On 1/10/15 8:38 PM, zhosn wrote:
> Hi,Bryan :
>        I not create table,view etc.When i create schema,Only created a
> schema.when i run script"DROP SCHEMA schemaName RESTRICT"System tip:no
> drop,Why? and Derby no support keyword"cascade".

I am unable to reproduce the result you are seeing. The following script
runs cleanly for me:

connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';

create schema foo;

drop schema foo restrict;

Concerning DROP SCHEMA CASCADE: You are welcome to work on this feature:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4029. I think that most of
the code has already been written. That code is part of the cleanup
logic called by Derby's JUnit test cases.

Hope this helps,
-Rick