db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Copying encypted DB?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:58:01 GMT
I have a DB which is encrypted with one password, and I want to generate an
identical copy of it which will be encrypted using a different password (so that
I can provide copies of the same DB for two different customers without exposing
one customer's password to the other).

I thought at first I could create the tables from a script and then run lots of
"insert into foo (select * from bar)" queries, but this won't work unless the
auto-generated columns are allocated with the same sequence numbers so that the
foreign key references will match up. And in some case the keys are not
sequential, due to deletions.

Is there an easy way to do this?

TIA,
--