db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mike matrigali <mikema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying encypted DB?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:10:21 GMT
this is better.  i did not realize derby supported changing the encryption key.
https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/tdevcsecurenewkeyoverview.html
On 4/15/2015 10:57 AM, Peter Ondruška wrote:
> Unless I missed something why not just create backup and then open the backup copy and
change encryption key.

> On Wednesday, 15 April 2015, John English <john.foreign@gmail.com <mailto:john.foreign@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>     I have a DB which is encrypted with one password, and I want to generate an identical
copy of it which will be encrypted using
>     a different password (so that I can provide copies of the same DB for two different
customers without exposing one customer's
>     password to the other).
>
>     I thought at first I could create the tables from a script and then run lots of "insert
into foo (select * from bar)" queries,
>     but this won't work unless the auto-generated columns are allocated with the same
sequence numbers so that the foreign key

--
email:    Mike Matrigali - mikemapp1@gmail.com
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/MikeMatrigali