db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: Performance degradation with Derby Embedded under Tomcat vs Jetty
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 06:30:56 GMT
I compared the performance on PostgreSQL vs. Derby for this report.
Unsurprisingly PostgreSQL performs much better.

The database that I'm working with has grown over the years. I have a
feeling that we crossed some threshold and that Derby performance has
decreased to the point where it is now very noticeable to humans.

Perhaps I'm looking for patterns where there are none and my brain is only
too happy to provide me with patterns. I prefer Derby from a maintenance
point of view, it is a lot simpler.

Rows    PSQL/ms Derby/ms
13      0       1
1292    127     2662
757     44      262
100     22      188
121     13      163
818     39      190
85      15      164
41      8       132
17      8       140
118     12      134
21      19      144
58      15      273
1       9       133
1340    65      292
226     20      157
7       1       0
34      4       1
4809    91      50
91      8       2
61      4       1
1292    122     2684
757     46      253
100     23      190
121     13      161
818     40      209
85      14      167
41      11      131
17      15      141
118     19      135
21      14      144
58      16      133
1       12      133
1340    66      294
226     17      156
7       0       1
34      4       0
4809    77      67
91      8       1
61      6       1
13      1       1
11      0       1

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
http://www.zylin.com/