Hi Øivind,

Have you turned on SQL-logging/-tracing in Derby to check the activity?

Possible things to check:
o connection IDs (distinct/count)
o expensive connection validation queries (not all of these are direct SQL, check pool docs/conf)
o commits?
o different queries?

While one would expect the load / queries to be the same, one never knows...

In theory one would think the client driver was more affected by a pool misconfiguration.

Regards,
--
Kristian