db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject retrieving records based on a single column contents
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 01:50:47 GMT
Hi

I have a single database table where the primary key is (col1 =Date,
col2=Time) say
This works fine when I wish to delete the oldest record for instance

However I have another column say col3 which holds an increasing sequencial
number (i.e. 1, 2,3 etc but not every record has an entry in that column -
many records have nothing in that column

I am wishing to retrieve the latest two records where that column has a
number in it

How do I go about that?

Bob M