db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Meyer <tho...@m3y3r.de>
Subject EmbeddedDriver and db.lck file
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:03:48 GMT
Hi,

I have a Servlet running under Jetty 9.2.11 which uses EclipseLink 2.6as JPA tool. In the
JPA tool I did configure the usage of the Derby Embedded 10.11.1 driver. For a fresh start
of the jetty server everything works as expected.
But when I now redeploy the context config XML file after I did update the referenced war
file, derby begins to tell me that another instance did already boot the database.
Somehow the db.lck file is not released when I close the EntityManagerFactory.

Any idea what's going on here?

How can I force the release of the db.lck file in a ServletListener.contextDestroyed() method?

With kind regards
Thomas