db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unknown page format at page Page(7,Container(0, 161)) [SYSCOLUMNS_INDEX1] on bootup
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 02:45:08 GMT
Hi David,

If all else fails, you can create an empty database with the same schema
as the old one, and then siphon data out of the corrupt database into
the new database using the custom tool attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6136. Something like this...

call syscs_util.syscs_register_tool( 'customTool', true, 'RawDBReader',
...);

...and then a sequence of statements like this...

insert into myschema.my_table select * from old_myschema.my_table;

Hope this helps,
-Rick