db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <david.sit...@gmail.com>
Subject Unknown page format at page Page(7,Container(0, 161)) [SYSCOLUMNS_INDEX1] on bootup
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:02:16 GMT
Hi all,

I have a database from another user which unfortunately can't boot up with
this error:

ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'E:\XXXXXXXX\Database' with class
loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1540e19d, see the next exception
for details.
ERROR XSDBB: Unknown page format at page Page(7,Container(0, 161)), page
dump follows:

I understand 161 refers to the conglomerate SYSCOLUMNS_INDEX1 and the file
ca1.dat.

Is there any magic I can do to somehow drop this "index" and regenerate it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.  I checked
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption but given this is a
system index and I can't boot the database I don't have any ideas.

Cheers,
David