db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <david.sit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unknown page format at page Page(7,Container(0, 161)) [SYSCOLUMNS_INDEX1] on bootup
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:09:17 GMT
> ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'E:\XXXXXXXX\Database' with class
loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1540e19d, see the next exception
for details.
> ERROR XSDBB: Unknown page format at page Page(7,Container(0, 161)), page
dump follows:

> I understand 161 refers to the conglomerate SYSCOLUMNS_INDEX1 and the
file ca1.dat.

Actually I tried copying ca1.dat from another database they had and it
allowed me to boot up, although executing the queries from
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption gave me errors like:

ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException' was thrown
while evaluating an expression.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.

I can see the list of tables thought using "show tables".

Given the issue seems to be with a system table.. can I somehow drop it and
re-generate it?

Cheers,
David