db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What creates rawStoreDaemon threads in embedded derby db?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:46:29 GMT
On 12/2/15 8:00 AM, culgr01 wrote:
>> People have made similar observations in the past, but we've never
>> identified a clear reproducible case
> Is there some information that would help you guys solve this problem?  I
> have a thread dump of the issue, and a heap dump.  However, I can't give
> them to you, because of confidentiality concerns.  I would be happy to look
> through them with someone.
>
> Also, do you think updating to the latest version of derby may help?  I am
> using 10.6.2000001.999685 as an embedded server.
>
> GC

Upgrading is always a good idea. Later releases include many performance
and security improvements. Bryan cited issues which are associated with
old versions of Derby. Hard to say whether an upgrade will fix this
problem, though. It would be useful to know whether later releases
exhibit the same behavior.

Thanks,
-Rick