db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Processing a subset of records correctly - again
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2016 18:01:17 GMT
> For all the others - compare prediction (from prev record) with actual )from
> current record) and do some maths
>
> I seem to not be getting the predicted value correct?

Hi Bob,

I don't think you've really given us enough information to help you very much.

Perhaps you could provide more details about what you expected your program
to do, and what you observe that it is actually doing, and we could offer
more suggestions.

One thing that occurred to me as I read it: it appears that your program
is intended to face 4 possibilities, and do a particular series of computations
for each of those 4 possibilities.

Perhaps, either due to the data being presented to your program, or due
to a flaw in your program, you are either not performing any of those 4
possibilities, or you are performing more than 1 of them.

That is, you could try structuring your program as:

    if( case 1 )
    else if( case 2 )
    else if( case 3 )
    else if( case 4 )
    else print information about what data we actually saw that didn't fit.

Then if you ever see that "else" case, you have some clues about
why your data didn't match your program.

thanks,

bryan