db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving from 10.5.3.0 -> 10.12.1.1 SQLNonTransientConnectionException but 10.5.3.0 ->10.7.1.1 is working perfectly exactly same code, 10.5.3.0 -> 10.8.1.2 fails similar
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 01:47:21 GMT
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.getTriggerActionString(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.TriggerDescriptor.getActionSPS(Unknown Source)

This definitely looks like it could be DERBY-6726

 From the notes in that bug report we were unable to reproduce
the problem, and the original reporter noted that

	 I rebuilt all the tables and triggers and now the problem doesn't happen

It would sure be nice to fix this problem, but if we can't reproduce
it we may need a lot of help from you to try to fix it.

Alternatively, if you have a way to backup your tables, and then drop
and re-load your data, it seems like the problem may go away?

The fact that you seemed to be able to narrow down the introduction
of this problem to Derby 10.8 makes me wonder if DERBY-5121 is related?

At the least, it would be nice if you could put some comments into DERBY-6726
and include as much information as you can about the particulars of your
situation.

thanks,

bryan