db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexplained problem
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 14:36:05 GMT
On 11/21/2016 1:52 PM, Donald McLean wrote:
> I'm trying to run a Derby in server mode. When I go to shut it down, I'm getting this
weird error:

> Mon Nov 21 16:19:44 EST 2016 : Invalid reply from network server: Insufficient data.
>
> The command line arguments:
>
> /usr/bin/java, -jar, /Users/dmclean/Library/java/db-derby-10.12.1.1-bin/lib/derbyrun.jar,
server, shutdown

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem would be and how to fix it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Donald

I don't think I recall having seen that before. There are some old jobs
in the Derby issues database (e.g., DERBY-6337) that indicate that if the
Network Server is slow to respond, or slow to shut down, then the client
may print some odd messages.

Does this happen *every* time you shut down the Network Server?

What does the end of your derby.log file look like?

thanks,

bryan